Technical Designer II - Eastlake Studio
Eastlake Studio / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
When you join our crew, you’re joining a tight-knit bunch who are passionate about
creating inspiring spaces-- and having a lot of fun while doing so. It’s important to us
that each member of the studio contributes positively to the group by devising new ways
to solve problems, making time to support their peers, and bringing a positive attitude to
every project they come across. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
We don't hire staff, we hire people.
Pretty d*mn good people.
People who are all around good human beings.
The kind of people you want to be around.
And will want to grab a beer (or two) with.
People who like a challenge.
And people who understand challenges are what makes us better.
The kind of people who like to solve problems with elegant and innovative solutions.
People who understand that great work comes from hard work.
Because our people don't half a** things, they go the extra mile.
They're the kind of people that make us, us.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for a talented TECHNICAL DESIGNER, LEVEL 2
A Technical Designer 2 is responsible for producing high quality project design deliverables and construction documents. A Technical Designer 2 may be asked to work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. In one or a combination of areas of expertise, a Technical Designer 2 has a basic knowledge of Construction Documentation and/or Concept Development/Selections.
What you’ll do
Project Work: A Technical Designer 2 is expected to engage in every part of the design, documentation, and construction process. Working with a project leader who will aid in education and guidance, project responsibilities Include: Space planning, concept development, presentations, documentation of construction plans, elevations, details, and schedules, engineering coordination, permit documentation, site visits, submittals, and construction administration.
What you’ll receive
- Health benefits
- Personal phone reimbursements
- 401K program with company contribution
- Laptop to use, iPad to keep
- FSA program
- Bonus program
- Flexible time off
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Monthly retreats and social events
- Multiple in-house educational events
- Monthly chair massages
- Partially funded gym membership for building fitness center
- Incredible office space & rooftop deck
- Reimbursement for professional advancement
- Community and industry involvement
- Opportunities to grow into areas of expertise
- Engaging/inclusive/supportive/energizing studio Culture
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Education: Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
Professional Experience: 3-5 years
- Space planning and outline specification creation
- Concept development and design presentation
- Understanding of code requirements, and basic knowledge of architectural elements such as doors/frames/ hardware, and architectural lighting
- Construction documentation – including specifications, construction plans, partition types, elevations, and millwork details
- Construction administration – including field administration, submittals, and RFIs
- AutoCad / Revit or other BIM software, Vectorworks preferred, but not required
- Sketchup or other 3D modeling software, Vectorworks preferred, but not required
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Suite – Excel and Word
- Google Sheets and Docs
Design Proficiency: Demonstrate an ability to bring great, fresh ideas to the team that are project appropriate, that captures the right look and attitude, and can articulate why they feel a concept meets the needs of the project. Bring a strong portfolio to showcase your work.
Personal Traits: Mature, honest and loyal, works well with a team, organized, responsible, willing to learn, and eager to succeed.
Professionalism: Upstanding integrity and work ethic, maintains a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Passion: Love what you do! What excites you about this career?
Curiosity: We grow when we learn. Be curious to learn more, always seeking to improve your breadth of knowledge.
Giving Back: Willingness to engage with and devote time to extracurricular community activities and committees.