CCY Architects / Basalt, Colorado United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CCY Architects is seeking an experienced Technical Architect to join our collaborative culture!
CCY Architects, located in Basalt, Colorado, is a progressive, sustainably-minded architecture firm with a range of national and international projects including custom residential, resort, hospitality, and community-based projects.
Based in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, CCY is a nimble 40-person firm, priding itself on a collaborative team design approach and a culture of health and wellbeing. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the environment in which we live. Because we are a team of passionate designers working together, we rely on our team members to be agile and flexible, humble but driven, with a client-focused mindset.
ABOUT THE JOB
Summary of Position:
We are seeking an experienced Technical Architect (senior-level) who has worked on a variety of complex projects with an emphasis on technical resolution of envelope and building systems. The successful candidate must demonstrate technical knowledge and leadership during all phases of a project, with a focus on design development, construction documentation and construction administration. Commercial project experience and Revit proficiency required.
The Technical Architect position is expected to demonstrate technical knowledge, high standards, sound judgement and professionalism. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities. Opportunity for growth in leadership and innovation within the office exists for the right person.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Establishes and executes quality review processes to ensure high-level project delivery standards are met on all projects in the office
- Demonstrates leadership in establishing and implementing technical guidelines and drawing standards
Effectively coaches and mentors others
- Assures efficient preparation of detailed drawings in design development and construction documentation phases
- Assures construction documentation Emphasizes efficiency, quality assurance and code compliance in all CD
- Solves project-related technical problems through sound deicision making, judgment, research and the development of building systems innovations
- Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices
Works with project team to carry concept from design to reality and works with the team members to provide production technology and systems education
- Provides code review and conformance on projects
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- 15 years minimum professioinal experience in Architecture
- Active Architectural License
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture required
- Fluency in Revit is a must
- Thorough knowledge of architectural production standards, detailing, building materials, building science, building codes, and construction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Leadership and mentorship skills
- Proactive approach to timely problem solving is a must
Ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment
Compensation commensurate with experience, full benefits program offered. Send cover letter, resume, and examples of work (in single .pdf format) to: email@example.com with Technical Architect as the subject.
CONTACT TO APPLY