Sustainably Focused Jr. Project Mgr. - Kipnis Architecture + Planning
Kipnis Architecture + Planning / Evanston, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kipnis Architecture + Planning, over its 28 year practice, has earned a local, regional and national reputation for design excellence that integrates sustainability, resilient design and wellness. Our mission is "High Design/Low Carbon™". We were early signatories to the AIA's 2030 Commitment, rigorously working towards having our projects be 'net zero' for their energy and carbon use, and have been intimately involved with the AIA’s 2030 Commitment at both the national and local level.
With offices in Evanston, IL, and Boulder, CO, our work is approximately 80% custom residential and 20% commercial, including restaurant, retail, office and airport facility work. We have done work throughout the Midwest and several other states as well as in Europe. With our new office in Boulder, we will also be expanding our work into the Rocky Mountains.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a committed and passionate junior project manager with solid experience in well-detailed, single family residential and light commercial architecture to assist on all phases of a project, from initial client meetings through construction administration. Multi-family experience would be a plus. Additionally, this person will help with our sustainability efforts as well as being able to produce detailed 3D imaging. This position will provide an opportunity to work on state of the art sustainable, resilient and wellness projects.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to contribute to our collaborative Studio;
• Analyze existing buildings and sites.
• Analyze projects for sustainable performance (will train in house).
• Assist with initial and design development schemes.
• Prepare permit drawing sets and construction documents.
• Coordinate with clients, consultants, municipalities and contractors.
Flexibility will be required while we follow COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of the valued members of our Studio; collaboration through technology will be used but we will shortly be transitioning to in person work as people are fully vaccinated.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Professional Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture.
- 3-7 years of U.S. experience post architectural degree.
- A strong knowledge of sustainable design is required. LEED or Certified Passive House Professional accreditation would be a plus.
- Proficiency in BIM and 3D modeling is required (will provide focused in house training as required).
- Experience with Vectorworks is a plus (will train in house). Vectorworks is similar to many other CAD programs.
- Experience developing detailed construction documents for bid, permit and construction.
- Excellent graphic and communication skills/ working with a team.
- Solid people relationship skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualified candidates should submit the following: (1) Cover Letter addressed to Nathan Kipnis; (2) Resume with references; and (3) Portfolio (<15 MB file size). Please highlight your experience with sustainability and project management. We thank all candidates for their interest' however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls to the office.
Compensation: Salary and benefits commensurate with level of education, experience and qualifications. Benefits offered include medical insurance and profit-sharing program.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Nathan Kipnis, FAIA