Staff Architect - Rivetna Architects Inc
Rivetna Architects Inc / Chicago, IL US / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Rivetna Architects is a 10-person Chicago based architecture firm. We have a strong practice in residential, small-scale commercial, civic/religious, high-end custom homes, and commercial interiors. We are committed to quality design for every project type. At Rivetna Architects, we are “Bright Minds – Improving Lives – Through Thoughtful Design”.
Our offices are in the Bridgeport Art Center, located in the City’s Southwest side. Many of our projects are located on the Southwest and South side of the City, reflecting a core commitment we have to the development of this under-served area of Chicago.
The culture of our firm is relaxed, but fast paced. We collaborate with many community development organizations, and partner with teams committed to the well-being of the City. We provide the opportunity for all our professional staff to engage in multiple aspects of the design process. There are many great opportunities here to develop and strengthen your design, presentation, technical drawing, and collaboration skills. Rivetna is a great place to grow, no matter your experience level.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently looking for full-time and part-time applicants with strong design and communications skills. Have a minimum of 3 years, and up to 10-years of experience in residential or commercial new construction and adaptive reuse.
- Job Description
- Responsibilities include:
- Developing projects from design to completion.
- Communicating with clients.
- Creating construction documents.
- Selecting and ordering architectural finishes.
- Coordinating with consultants, engineers, and vendors.
- Communicating with zoning and building departments.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications, and contracts.
- Providing support to other staff.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
We are seeking motivated applicants who can dive right in and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will work on multiple commercial and residential projects. Applicants should:
- Have a B.Arch or M.Arch, and be licensed or on the path to licensure.
- Have between 3 and 10 years of experience in an architecture firm.
- Have proficiency in AutoCAD, REVIT, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Office.
- Have strong organizational skills to work independently and on multiple projects.
- Have superb verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Be self-sufficient, and able to solve issues through research.
- Have knowledge of City of Chicago Zoning and Building codes and IBC codes
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email