Staff Architect 3-5 years - Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction, environmental and consulting services firm. We are 100% employee-owned, with regional and project offices nationwide. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs, and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind -- to make our clients successful. We are Proud to be honored locally, regionally, and nationally as a Best Place to Work. Visit our website to learn more at www.burnsmcd.com
ABOUT THE JOB
Burns & McDonnell is growing and seeking an Architect with an industrial background to expand the Global Facilities group in our Chicago office. We are looking for an energetic team player to collaborate with the existing team on exciting projects within the Food & Consumer Products, Manufacturing, and Life Sciences Departments. We are seeking an individual with leadership potential, who has the skills and experience to grow their career and interface with clients.
The selected candidate:
• Performs various tasks throughout each project phase.
• Prepares contract documents, including drawings and specifications.
• Designs code compliant facilities incorporating construction techniques and sequences in various projects, including all aspects of cross disciplines.
• Performs site inspections to verify existing conditions and construction progress before, during and after construction.
• Handles problems and questions as they occur during construction.
• Responsible for project communication to internal and external project stakeholders.
• Develops reports such as feasibility studies, condition reports and recommendations.
• Responsible for major design decisions, involving spatial, aesthetic elements and detailing of materials.
• Follows routine projects through approvals and construction.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Bachelor's degree in architecture or architectural engineering from an accredited program.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of architectural detailing and construction documents preparation for industrial, manufacturing, life sciences, or food- and consumer-products industry.
• Clear understanding of construction techniques and methodologies.
• Good grip on drawing organization and development.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Must have advanced capabilities in Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Adobe Creative Suite
• Computer rendering ability is a plus.
• Knowledge of SketchUP, V-Ray, 3ds Max or other advancing rendering tools a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
• Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
• Understanding of Value Engineering and providing alternative recommendations to clients as they relate to project budgets and associated construction costs.
• Ability to coordinate and communicate with internal and external design team members in various locales.
CONTACT TO APPLY