Site Planner / Coordinator
GGP / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANY
GGP has an immediate need for a Site Planner / Coordinator at our Corporate Office in Chicago, IL.
GGP has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years, blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self-starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer every day. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
ABOUT THE JOB
This position functions as an internal consultant and expert of site planning and planning solutions as they pertain to our core business. Accountable to all parties (internal leasing, management, operations, development, construction, etc.) to each development project. The purpose of this position is to control and expedite our consultants efforts to provide quicker and more cost effective final solutions to our development projects individualized needs.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Provide internal site planning consultation for projects ranging from small out parcels to major mall re-developments and develop preliminary site plan concepts at the direction of the development team.
• Coordinate with internal departments, as part of due diligence, to ensure viability of proposed plans. Departments include but are not limited to leasing, legal, business development, and national operations.
• Create proposed site plans and lease plans in graphic form (CAD) to supplement leasing activities for proposed re-developments, expansions, new developments, etc.
• Create conceptual 3-D renderings to convey the design intent of internal concepts and potential leasing concepts.
• Create legal exhibits that fulfill all department store requirements and standards, while providing GGP with the most economical and versatile plans for development.
• Update and maintain site plans to reflect changes to legal documents such as surveys, leasing updates, and property adjustments.
• Coordinate with leasing and development to arrange property subdivision as necessary.
• Coordinate the approval of planning concepts with the development team.
• Produce, as requested, presentations for managements use showing proposed and current projects.
• Implement and follow all established department policies and procedures.
• Implement GGP adopted sustainable design initiatives.
• Make recommendations on amendments to consultants solutions to design problems to increase cost effectiveness, expedite construction, facilitate leasing, etc.
• Research and make recommendations for materials, software acquisition to aid in departmental planning efforts.
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Requirements Qualifications include the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or related field
• 2-5 years’ experience in practice of architecture, planning and/or construction and retail planning.
• Adobe Photoshop
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Understand building materials and budgets
• Basic Project Management and organizational skills
• Understand architectural design and documentation process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. GGP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability.
CONTACT TO APPLY