Perkins Eastman / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Perkins Eastman is an international planning, design and consulting firm that was founded in 1981. Headquartered in NYC, the firm has a professional staff of approximately 1000 made up of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects and graphic designers.
ABOUT THE JOB
The individual will work under direct supervision of a Commercial Practice Area Design Principal; discuss the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project; develop solutions and create project designs, plans and presents to clients.
• Initiates and creates project designs and plans of all phases of one or more projects and has responsibility for preparing presentations and design drawings.
• Coordinates all trades and agencies related to building design while monitoring drawings.
• In a supervisory capacity, is responsible for major design decisions and technical accuracy of large projects while handling a significant amount of challenges that require new approaches and guidelines.
• May supervise or perform site observations activities.
• Record/archive all drawings, data and project information
• Develop various predesign services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the design must meet.
• Develop the project design brief.
• Consult with design professionals to determine the environmental and structural requirements of the project.
• Prepare drawings, models and present ideas for the client to review.
• Manages and maintains project work plan, manages the day to day running of the design team in refining the project.
• Coordinates and supervises consultants in finalizing the design documents.
• Responsible for keeping the project within financial budget and deadlines and producing detailed working drawings and specifications; specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
• Assures that the design follows; building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and all other pertinent ordinances.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture preferred
• Minimum of 8 plus years’ with domestic experience in High End Residential and Resorts
• Digital architectural visualization and animation experience preferred
• Strong technical understanding of building construction and materials.
• Possess leadership ability to direct a team of junior and intermediate designers.
• Excellent presentation skills required.
• Strong proficient with computer-assisted design software such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup.
• MUST be highly proficient in Revit
• Rhino or 3D Studio a plus
• Proficient with PowerPoint and other data management software such as Word and Excel.
• Strong communication skills, excellent drawing, model making and graphic presentations skills.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file (Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to PERecruiter@perkinseastman.com with “Senior Designer - Chicago - Your Name” in the subject line. Please provide the website source. No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V
CONTACT TO APPLY