Senior Architect/President of Design
Pickell Design Builders / Wilmette, Illinois (IL)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Orren Pickell Building Group is
a full-service design/build company that has been honored with more than
300 awards for design excellence and known in Chicago and throughout the North
Shore for their classic, beautiful and innovative designs. Their seasoned and
experienced team takes pride on finding creative solutions to
home design challenges and in delivering beautiful and practical homes. A 40 year old family owned and operated company, Orren Pickell has developed a reputation for designing and building high-quality homes as
well as providing excellent customer service in the high-end luxury custom home market.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity
contact: Shadin Maali 708-309-7423 or email at email@example.com
ABOUT THE JOB
The position of Senior Architect/President provides strategic and operational role in the leadership and management of the architectural/design division of the Orren Pickell companies. The Design Group creates designs for construction and remodeling projects; guides the permit process; assists clients with selections; and delivers a full set of construction documents. The position will assist sales and construction professionals during the sales, design, and construction phases of the project. The role requires long term planning and management of business development as the division rebuilds.
• Create unique and custom designs for residential construction and remodeling that are functional, safe, sustainable, within budget constraints, and aesthetically pleasing.
• Assist and operate as a team member of affiliated companies by direction, leadership and an as advisor during sales, design and construction processes.
• Work with design and engineer professionals to provide all required documents for building permits, zoning, and construction.
• Create designs and detailed drawings both by hand and CAD applications.
• Apply and monitor progress of zoning and permit applications.
• Travel periodically to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings. Attends most client meetings in design studio/showroom.
• Prepare materials for zoning changes, variances or architectural review. Attend village/city hearings.
• Attends design meetings with clients.
• Oversee client selections process and timelines.
• Monitor, review, revise and implement quality improvement of the company’s management, procedures, and processes.
• Develop high performance client service that includes recruitment, training, development, goal setting, coaching and appraisal to achieve objectives.
•Supervise training and continual professional development of architect and cabinet design staff.
• Recognize growth opportunities and develop strategies to implement change.
• Review financial information of the division and cost reports of projects. Make adjustments as needed.
• Assist in preparation of annual budget of division.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Fifteen (15) years of single-family residential design experience.
• Licensed to practice Architecture in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin.
• At least 5 years of extensive residential construction experience and knowledge.
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Principal/Executive Search Consultant