Senior Architect - Muller2
Muller2 / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The architectural firm was founded in 1984 by Jay and Cindy Muller. Today, Muller2 has grown to a staff of 36 employees, including 13 licensed architects. Major market sectors include: aviation, transit, passenger rail, recreation, education, and general municipal. Major clients currently include: the Chicago Department of Aviation, the Chicago Department of Transportation, the Chicago Transit Authority, Metra Commuter Rail, Amtrak, the Chicago Park District, Chicago’s Riverwalk, the Public Building Commission of Chicago, and renowned artist Theaster Gates. We have recently opened an additional office in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area to accommodate our growing workload at DFW International Airport.
Located in Chicago’s trendy River West neighborhood, Muller2’s offices are located in a unique loft space, complete with game room, and rooftop deck. We believe in open communication and a culture that fosters creativity and responsibility at all levels. Please visit our website at www.muller2.com for more information and to apply.
ABOUT THE JOB
Minimum ten years’ experience required. Graduate of accredited architecture school with a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree with license. Ideal candidate will have extensive construction document coordination experience and will have sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices in a broad array of assignments and related fields, acting independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
Typical duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Reviews, coordinates, and implements scope of services
- Produces construction documents, primarily in AutoDesk Revit
- Responsible for finished plans and specifications and review of materials and construction
- Prepares and/or supervises code analysis
- Prepares and/or supervises the production of specifications
- Supervises junior architects, architectural designers, and interns
- Plans work schedules and priorities for project activities
- Coordinates directly with engineers and specialty consultants
- Presents explanations and solutions for unforeseen occurrences throughout the project
- Tracks project progress and implements work schedule