Orren Pickell Building Group / Wilmette, ILLINOIS United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A family-owned and operated business for 40+ years, the Orren Pickell Building Group started from modest roots. Husband and wife, Orren and Tina have run the company together for the past 40 years with Orren serving as CEO and Tina handling various roles as needed—from accounting to human resources—while consistently spearheading the Pickell Family Foundation, the company’s charitable arm.
Two of the family’s three grown children are involved in the company’s day-to-day operations. The family’s eldest child, Lisa Pickell was recently promoted to President of the company, having served for several years as its Chief Operating Officer. Working with the company for 21 years, Lisa has not only made her family and the company proud, but she’s also been recognized by her peers in the industry both regionally and nationally.
The family’s youngest, Eric Pickell, leads the firm’s Sales Division, where his extensive knowledge of sales and construction helps ensure the process moves smoothly for all clients. In this position, Eric is responsible for overseeing all Sales and Marketing initiatives as well as handling estimating of remodeling projects from start to finish all the while helping the division grow its market share.
INTEGERTY PRIDE TEAM COMMITMENT QUALITY VALUE
ABOUT THE JOB
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A Project Manager oversees construction projects with the project superintendent to coordinate estimates, subcontractors’ prices, resources, materials and scheduling for remodeling and new construction projects. A Project Manager exercises independent judgment to ensure that projects are undertaken and completed to the company’s standards. Work load and direction is provided by the Vice President of Construction & the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs human resource role of hiring, training, reviewing, transferring or dismissing Project Management Staff
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and subcontractors
- Responsible for organizing vendor information and providing feedback to Vendors.
- Runs Profit Loss meetings as head of the committee
- Manages the organization of the Selections Library
- Review and keep current Primavera tasks specific to Project Management and provide input on all tasks and process points
- Determines costs and materials for change orders, provide information to clients and obtain client’s approval for changes
- Serve as liaison to customers, field superintendents, and material suppliers during construction
- Mediates field problems or disputes to ensure timely completion of project
- Meets and guides customers and/or designers through Phase II – IV selections process
- Monitors each job cost to ensure proper reporting
- Maintain positive vendor relationships
- Report task completion into Primavera schedules
- Assist superintendent in problem solving
- Attend weekly staff meetings for project feedback and updates
- Perform related duties as assigned or needed.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
A Project Manager must be able to work independently and have the drive to serve the department well and in a timely fashion. Project Manager is a role that requires industry and project experience with in-depth knowledge of the construction industry. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to make independent decisions and work independently
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to carry them out
- Proficient at MicroSoft Word and Excel
- Able to maintain harmonious working relationship with other employees, subcontractors and clients
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
10-15 years’ experience
Job Type: Full-time
CONTACT TO APPLY