Optima, Inc. / Glencoe, IL Cook
ABOUT THE COMPANYhttps://www.optima.inc/
ABOUT THE JOB
Optima is seeking an Architect in its Glencoe, IL office. This position will work in the multi-disciplinary project team on high-end developments from conception to completion while incorporating the Founder’s philosophy of respecting space, structure, materials and their expression. You will experience all phases of the design and construction processes. You should have extensive experience with Revit and construction document production, be meticulous in attention to detail, and possess a professional and collaborative demeanor as a team member.
- You will take part in all facets of the development cycle including planning, entitlements, design, permit submittal and review, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate guidance from the owner regarding the site and architectural design and incorporating this input into the Revit model.
- Assist with consultant coordination including civil engineers, landscape architects, soils engineers, MEP engineers, and others in pursuit of completing entitlement applications and building permit submittals.
- Assist in the development of construction documents and be responsible for obtaining necessary permits and approvals from governing municipality.
- Organize and execute building model coordination meetings with subcontractors and construction team. Meetings will be used to identify clashes and conflicts.
- Work with the team to build the Revit Model and the Revit-based Construction Documents.
- Oversee subcontractors’ 3D models using Navisworks.
- Review and approve contractors’ shop drawings to meet document preparation schedules.
- Make changes or adjustments as necessary or desired, including re-drafts, and respond to and document requests for information from the field and/or subcontractors.
- Visit the construction site at regular intervals to observe the overall progress. Maintain project drawing files and archives.
- Apprise Senior Architect and teammates of issues and/or problems on a regular and preemptive basis.
- Work with and present information to internal Optima management/staff requests.
- Prepare early marketing graphics, brochures, material boards and other project-related presentations.
- You should have a minimum 8-10 years of relevant architectural experience, be organized, self-reliant and hardworking, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks at a time. Reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related course study required. Licensed architect preferred.
- Proficient in Navisworks, Newforma and other BIM-related software. Advanced Revit user required.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and accessibility standards, as well as design techniques, tools and principles pertaining to technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Able to interpret and apply complex documents affecting real estate projects, including Entitlement documents, traffic studies, subcontractor agreements, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, and architectural drawings. Capable of reading, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, government regulations and building codes
- Previous experience on high-rise, multifamily, developer-led projects is a plus. Experience with design-build, IgCC or LEED projects also a plus.
- Ability to exercise discernment and discretion, and to set priorities and handle competing demands.
- Prior work experience in construction and/or construction observation/supervision and familiar with construction means, methods, and techniques.
- A competitive salary will be offered, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and 401K.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
CONTACT TO APPLY