Residential Project Architect - Michael Hershenson Architects
Michael Hershenson Architects / EVANSTON, Illinois United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Hershenson Architects, Ltd. (MHA) Is a small, fast-paced award-winning architectural firm specializing in high-end single family residential new construction and remodeling. The firm is dedicated to a high level of design quality. Projects include North Shore and Chicago single-family residences. Each MHA project is unique. The firm creates structures in a variety of styles ranging from Contemporary to Second Empire Victorian, depending upon both the client’s individual vision and community context. To learn more, visit our website: www.MHADesign.com
ABOUT THE JOB
Michael Hershenson Architects, Ltd. is seeking a dedicated and talented Residential Project Architect who will initiate the design process with Principal and assume responsibility of the project as it progresses to construction documents and construction. Architect will have direct contact with clients, contractors, interior designers, plan examiners, and engineers. The position has potential for career growth and advancement.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• 7 years minimum to 10 years of experience required, with a professional degree in Architecture; licensed preferred but not required;
• passionate and skillful designer; must enjoy residential architecture and communicate that enthusiasm to the client, be intelligent, possess a professional demeanor;
• understanding of building materials, details and construction techniques; thorough in the production of Construction Documents;
• self-starter and ability to manage project deadlines;
• strong communication skills and work well in a team setting;
• high level of proficiency with AutoCAD. Knowledge of Sketch-up and Photoshop programs an asset. Architectural licensure is considered a plus however not required;
• authorized to work in the U.S.
Competitive, commensurate with qualifications
MHA offers health insurance, Paid Sick/Vacation.
Submissions should include one pdf with a short cover letter, resume, and work samples, via email only – total size not to exceed 10MB. Please also include salary expectations or past salary history.