MGLM Architects / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
MGLM Architects was founded in 2007 in order to restore legible and understandable language to architecture. Our designs convey ideas, meaning, and purpose through their forms, which we consider and apply at all scales, from monumental civic plans down to fine hardware details. We specialize in delivering institutional and high-end residential projects, urban design, and design-related consulting. The company is actively expanding its research and consulting business in particular, and the design philosophy is reflective of the relevant aspects of this intellectual work. Our work is not limited geographically. With a close-knit team, we are located in the historic Donahue Building in Printers Row, in a classic loft setting.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will have full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsize projects. You’ll have responsibility for ongoing top-to-bottom quality control, including project schedule preparation and maintenance, staffing oversight and projections, and drawing set review. You will serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and work scope to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. In addition to your own projects, you’ll be contributing as-needed assistance to the business owners with project document preparation, design work, renderings, and preparation of proposals and contracts. N.b. we firmly believe the best architecture is first created by a combination of hand and computer drawing.
This position is available to full-time candidates and is available immediately.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Educational & Professional Experience Requirements
· Architectural degree from an accredited institution is required
· 5+ years of professional architectural experience is required
· Experience managing projects, staff, and clients is required
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
· Proficiency in ArchiCAD is a strong plus
· Willingness to learn new drafting, graphics, and graphic design programs is required
· Demonstrated talent in hand-drafting and hand-rendering is preferred
· Familiarity with and affinity for the principles of traditional and Classical design is imperative
· Strong organizational and communication skills are required
· Active architectural licensure in the United States is strongly preferred
CONTACT TO APPLY
Dody Hickey, Office Manager