Worn Jerabek Wiltse Architects, P.C. / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANYwww.wjwarchitecture.com
Worn Jerabek Wiltse Architects, P.C. (WJW) was founded in 1991 and specializes in affordable housing, senior living, and residential healthcare environments. The firm has successfully completed the design of more than three hundred projects in the Midwest. They include more than seven thousand units of senior living, supportive housing, affordable family housing, and mixed-use residential. In addition to residential environments, WJW also specializes in healthcare, community development, supportive services, adaptive reuse and renovation projects. We bring special skill and knowledge to the areas of accessible design, evidence-based design, sustainable design, and in working with the regulatory requirements of various state and federal project funding sources. Our success is linked to combining our project experience and specialized knowledge while remaining true to our values.
We value fully collaborative, highly integrated, and productive teams that include all the stakeholders in a project. We value high-performance building solutions. High-performance buildings minimize the use of resources and are healthy for users, those who construct, and ultimately for the planet. We value design that accommodates people regardless of age and ability. Our work strives to create meaningful spaces that enable users to enjoy the full richness of life. And finally, we value and build long-term relationships with our clients. The success of this philosophy can be seen in the significant number of projects completed for repeat clients.
ABOUT THE JOBWe are seeking a motivated, mission-driven, and technically savvy licensed architect candidate with 7-10 years of experience to join our team.
The position requires:
- Project Management experience on projects ranging from $5-$20 million
- Participation in collaborative design process with partners and project architects
- Extensive BIM modeling experience in ArchiCad (preferred) or Revit
- History of creation and oversight of project scheduling and project hourly account (Ajera experience a plus)
- Knowledge of drafting RFP’s and contracts with owners and consultants
- Development of zoning and code reviews
- Experience with general contractor and consultant communication and coordination
- Familiarity with client relationship and communication
- Experience in managing a design team, including monitoring team performance, assuring compliance with contractual agreements, and supervising product quality, design and technology
- Construction phase responsibilities, including submittal and RFI reviews and site visits
Please send cover letter, resume, and limited portfolio samples.
CONTACT TO APPLY