Fitzgerald Architecture Planning Design / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Fitzgerald APD is a collaborative, creative and inclusive design studio focused on delivering exceptional design for our client partners. We foster a design environment that is committed to creativity. We value people above all else and understand that they make Fitzgerald APD what we are. If you are committed to designing environments that enhance experience of the people and the interactions that occur there we would invite you to introduce yourself and learn more about our firm.
ABOUT THE JOB
Leadership responsibility in managing client relationships and project success; measured in client satisfaction, work quality, profitability, and fostering team professionalism and collaboration. Manages all phases of project including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, construction documents with authority to direct and monitor all activities.
• Understands design philosophies, overall building design concepts, design software and delivery methods.
• Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
• Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
• Understands all aspects and phases of the architectural, design and production process. Experience with all aspects of document product for a variety of project types.
• Defines, monitors and maintains control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan.
• Responsible for the clear and timely communication with client and distribution of information to the project team and to insure compliance with the project team’s goals.
• Monitors the performance of the project team and approach, to assure that the Firm’s quality standards and design goals are being met.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial goals established for the project and providing timely and appropriate information to Project Accountant to initiate invoicing.
• Coordination with engineering consultants.
• Coordinates staffing resources
• Develops and maintains successful client relationships for repeat business.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Professional Degree in Architecture
Advanced knowledge of design process, construction documentation, construction administration and materials
Understands project financial management and contract administration, including project coordination, budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations
Experience working with clients and consultants
Ability to direct, mentor and coordinate work efforts of project team
Collaborative and professional work ethic
Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written including client presentation skills
Licensure is a plus
$65,000 - $85,000
CONTACT TO APPLY