Project Manager - Wright Heerema Architects
Wright Heerema Architects / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WHA - Wright Heerema Architects is a leader in innovative workplace design. We are an established, award winning, mid-sized firm based in Chicago. We are large enough to work on major projects but, small enough to maintain a small firm culture that is nimble, responsive, and fun. Our focus is to create exceptional experiences through client-focused design. WHA strives to create meaningful and lasting client relationships, provide exceptional and responsive design and foster a culture that values its employees. WHA values the synergy of collaboration between architecture and design. Learn more about us at https://wharchs.com/.
WHA started over twenty years ago with a simple mission: to provide the highest level of design and service to the most demanding clients. In our first five years alone, our team of talented professionals completed more than 5 million square feet of projects.
We’ve grown even more since then, expanding our portfolio of work from an initial focus on corporate headquarters and commercial office buildings to include interior architecture, education, hospitality, laboratories, and multifamily buildings. In 2007, we moved our team to an open/collaborative space in the historic Marquette Building in Chicago’s beautiful Loop.
WHA’s Core Values are driven by our clients, staff, and partners.
• Listen to our clients and be responsive
• Create solutions that bring value to the client
• Deliver on our promises
• Act as a Brand Ambassador
• Value our work
• Foster a culture of respect, compassion, growth, and comradery
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you looking for a multi-disciplined architectural firm where you are highly valued, compensated equitably and are a critical part of a team?
Are you interested in investing your career towards an opportunity that can provide real professional growth and mentorship within a well-respected, client-focused firm?
Come be a part of a growing, dynamic architecture firm in the Chicago area!
We are currently seeking a Project Manager with 5+ years’ experience for our team in Chicago, IL.
We are proud to offer:
• Competitive salary
• Bonus opportunities
• Medical benefits
• 401K matches
• Flexible work schedules
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Career advancement opportunities
• Personal growth and mentorship-oriented environment
• Fun and energetic office environment
• An opportunity where you are valued and your ideas and opinions matter
The candidate selected for this position will manage multiple projects from various market types. They will manage and utilize shared support staff within the office to perform the necessary tasks to timely execute project deadlines. The position may also require the ability to prepare proposals which may require due diligence, investigation of the site and understanding its jurisdictional requirements. The candidate will be required to interface with clients, as well as other team members such as architects, designers, engineers, structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, surveyors, etc. Candidates for this position must have experience in the design of office buildings. Candidates will be expected to inspire, teach, lead-by-example and mentor design staff and participate in marketing presentations and business development activities.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Candidate should possess the following qualities:
• Shares the firms core values of being highly responsive to clients, uniquely creative, and offering exceptional expertise in their profession.
• Possesses a high level of thoughtful creativity in their approach to a project or task
• Possesses a strong attention to detail.
• Have a passion for the profession, for client service, and mentorship of others.
• Seeks to join a firm where they can have an incredible impact on the current and future direction of the firm.
• Team oriented mentality that seeks to support the goals of the firm, other managers, and the managing partners.
• Understands how to work within a team-oriented environment within a multi-disciplined firm.
• Ability to interface with clients with strong skills in communication and aspires for excellence in service for our clients.
• Genuine curiosity and passion for developing design and technical solutions to support our client projects.
• Passion for providing client-centered design, excellent client service and responsiveness.
The right candidate will have a personable demeanor with an ability to make a strong, positive first impression. Excellent communication skills with an aptitude to interact positively and professionally with multiple levels of individuals are essential.
• Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player
• Passion for providing client-centered design, exceptional client service and responsiveness
• Collaborative professional with experience leading successful and profitable design projects
• 5+ years of professional experience in commercial office design
• Bachelor’s or Master degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited university required
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit desired.
• Proficiency desired in project management software desired such as; Deltex, InFocus, Microsoft Project
• Exceptional written, verbal and graphic communication skills
• Working knowledge of Chicago Building Codes preferred
• Working knowledge of AIA Contracts preferred
If you have a strong service-oriented attitude and are looking for a position where your presence can make a difference, please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email