Project Manager - STLarchitects
STLarchitects / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
STLarchitects is an award-winning architecture and urban design firm founded in Chicago in 1996. With projects designed in the US, Europe and Asia, the firm has been widely recognized by the international architectural press for its design excellence. Each member of the team shares the vision that Design is a positive influence in our society because it makes our cities and our buildings a better place for people to work and live.
STLarchitects approaches design as a collaborative process with owners, contractors and consultants. Our designs balance the aspirations of our clients with the program needs and the budget parameters, all while aiming to express the culture of the places they inhabit. We endeavor to create buildings that are unapologetically rooted in our time while striving to avoid the latest trend à la mode. Our team creates designs that are based on solid research, providing answers to real problems, and challenging our clients to look at the project through the creative prism of innovation and inventiveness.
Our design team is a collection of intelligent and creative architects from around the world working in an open and communicative atmosphere that favors frequent and vibrant exchange of ideas. Our collaborative process emphasizes interdisciplinary teamwork over personal expression and fosters the importance of ideas over team hierarchy. The Principals are committed to providing an environment that allows our architects to think more, using the latest technologies available with flexible work hours.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an energetic professional with eight or more years of experience to join our team. The successful candidate must have a degree in architecture from an accredited program, and although it is not a requirement, licensure is our preference.
At STL, the Project Manager has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsize projects, is responsible to develop a strategic plan for project success, is responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, both administrative and technical, ensuring the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. The Project Manager is the primary client liaison, responsible to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion into the client’s satisfaction. As a strong team leader, the Project Manager actively manages our client’s budgets, schedules, project communications and documentation, and team assignments. The project Manager also estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts for review by the firm’s Principals.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Predesign, Design, Documentation and Construction Administration services
• Coordinating Requests for Proposals
• Soliciting proposals from consultants
• Negotiating, reviewing and editing contracts with respect to obligations, costs, schedule and fees.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with client and contractor contacts to facilitate successful project execution.
• Preparing and managing project schedules
• Managing in-house and consultant team efforts
• Ensuring completion of due diligence items
• Assistance with development and analysis of proposed system alternatives
• Specification writing and editing
• Preparation and analysis of budgets and pricing, identifying VE alternatives
• Production of construction documents
• Assembly and issue of construction documents
• Represent STL in meetings with client, consultants and contractors during design and construction phases.
• Monitor construction through communication with on-site Superintendent to assist in the completion of project on schedule and within budget.
• Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required. Identify potential legal problems and review them with the Principals of the firm.
• Communicate project status to client and team. Provide weekly updates of all critical status items during all phases of work.
• Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required.
• Manage construction change orders through active collaboration with contractor team and construction management teams.
• Prepare Field Observation Reports as required by work in progress.
• Coordinate and supervise the progress of subordinate project team. Provide direction as required to maintain schedule and costs.
• Mentor and encourage training of young architects and interns.
• Project Coordination responsibilities as required
• Minimum of +/- 8 years of architectural experience, including 2 years of project management experience
• Architectural licensure in Illinois preferred
• Strong management skills
• Strong understanding of building systems including architectural/enclosure, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil
• Strong design sensitivity
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction trades and field work
• Ability to mentor young architects and interns and monitor their work for quality and completeness
• Strong computer skills: Revit, Autocad, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Adobe InDesign.
• Strong scheduling, budgeting, and VE / cost control skills
• Understanding of cost estimating
• Preferred LEED AP / LEED AP+
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email