Project Manager - STL Architects, Inc
STL Architects, Inc / chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
STLarchitects is an international award-winning architecture and urban design studio founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1996.
We design purposeful architecture for people, their communities, and their environments. We invite our clients to look at the project through the prism of innovation and inventiveness. Our projects are the outcome of cultural exploration, multidisciplinary collaboration, and creative vision. Our buildings facilitate the engagement of people with with the environment using strategies that are unapologetically rooted in our time.
We are a team of conscientious architects that confront our climate challenge by deploying sustainable designs that reduce the carbon footprint of our projects during the construction and operation of the buildings.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an energetic professional with seven or more years of experience to join our team. The successful candidate must have a degree in architecture from an accredited program, and although it is not a requirement, licensure is our preference.
At STL, the Project Manager has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsize projects, is responsible to develop a strategic plan for project success, is responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, both administrative and technical, ensuring the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. The Project Manager is the primary client liaison, responsible to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion into the client’s satisfaction. As a strong team leader, the Project Manager actively manages our client’s budgets, schedules, project communications and documentation, and team assignments. The project Manager also estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts for review by the firm’s Principals.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Predesign, Design, Documentation and Construction Administration services
• Coordinating Requests for Proposals
• Soliciting proposals from consultants
• Negotiating, reviewing and editing contracts with respect to obligations, costs, schedule and fees.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with client and contractor contacts to facilitate successful project execution.
• Preparing and managing project schedules
• Managing in-house and consultant team efforts
• Ensuring completion of due diligence items
• Assistance with development and analysis of proposed system alternatives
• Specification writing and editing
• Preparation and analysis of budgets and pricing, identifying VE alternatives
• Production of construction documents
• Assembly and issue of construction documents
• Represent STL in meetings with client, consultants and contractors during design and construction phases.
• Monitor construction through communication with on-site Superintendent to assist in the completion of project on schedule and within budget.
• Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required. Identify potential legal problems and review them with the Principals of the firm.
• Communicate project status to client and team. Provide weekly updates of all critical status items during all phases of work.
• Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required.
• Manage construction change orders through active collaboration with contractor team and construction management teams.
• Prepare Field Observation Reports as required by work in progress.
• Coordinate and supervise the progress of subordinate project team. Provide direction as required to maintain schedule and costs.
• Mentor and encourage training of young architects and interns.
• Project Coordination responsibilities as required
• Minimum of +/- 8 years of architectural experience, including 2 years of project management experience
• Architectural licensure in Illinois preferred
• Strong management skills
• Strong understanding of building systems including architectural/enclosure, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil
• Strong design sensitivity
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction trades and field work
• Ability to mentor young architects and interns and monitor their work for quality and completeness
• Strong computer skills: Revit, Autocad, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Adobe InDesign.
• Strong scheduling, budgeting, and VE / cost control skills
• Understanding of cost estimating
• Preferred LEED AP / LEED AP+
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email