Project Manager - Preservation Studio - JLK Architects
JLK Architects / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’re a Chicago-based woman-owned architecture firm and WE. ARE. GROWING! We have a wide variety of historic preservation projects on the boards.
We’re a quirky, encouraging, laugh-loving, and collaborative team. Have a pet? Bring them to the office! Like treats? We have office snacks and lunches. This is how we describe ourselves: a humor-filled, colorful, authentic, employee-centric, supportive, & gratitude-filled team of people who listen to each other.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking to add a Project Manager to our eight-person Historic Preservation Studio team.
The Project Manager will lead a team of talented and experienced architects and historians on a variety of exciting historic preservation projects shaping Chicago and surrounding areas today. Projects will include programming and master plans for historic buildings and campuses, historic building envelope repairs, Section 106 consultation, historic bridge rehabilitation, HABS/HAER documentation, adaptive reuse, and condition assessments. We work closely with our other in-house studios (Transit and Architecture/Interiors) on many of our projects as well, offering a lot of stimulating collaboration and cross-functional learning.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
We’re looking for:
• Professional degree in architecture (required)
• 5-8 years of architectural experience including project management
• Experience in historic preservation including historic research, building assessments, construction documents, and report writing
• Licensed or actively pursuing licensure
• Self-motivated team player who enjoys learning and takes pride in their work
• Professional experience in Revit (or excited to learn)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Tell Us About Yourself. Please send your resume, a brief introduction, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
80K-100K, commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email