Project Manager II - BKV Group
BKV Group / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BKV Group is a holistic design firm providing a full complement of architecture, interior design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services. Our core belief is that regardless of project type, design has a profound impact on the community, and our responsibility as a multidisciplinary firm is to enhance the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context of the communities we shape and design. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with 200+ employees sharing knowledge across practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Hanoi, Vietnam, Minneapolis, and Washington, DC, creating relevant and meaningful design solutions that allow our clients’ dreams to become a reality. For more information, visit: www.bkvgroup.com.
ABOUT THE JOB
BKV Group seeks a talented Project Manager II with 12-15+ years related architecture and project management experience. The candidate must have architecture project management experience in all aspects of design and documentation with leading edge multi-family housing, commercial and local government clients. The ideal candidate must have wood frame multi-family expertise.
• Works with the Managing Partner and/or Senior Project Manager in preparing fee letters, fee scenarios and contracts.
• Receives direction from the Managing Partner and/or Senior Project Manager. Responsible for determining project scope, schedule, and design team budgets. Reviews discipline budgets and deliverables in accordance with the contract and maintains identified deadlines and budgets on assigned projects.
• Creates a work plan and completes weekly staff scheduling in order to uphold project budgets and deadlines. Provides weekly project schedule updates to Director of Professional Services for all discipline’s management of project deadlines.
• Retains and keeps up to date a copy of the client’s design criteria and standards, being thoroughly familiar with their requirements. Works with the team to comply with client design criteria, managing updates and disseminating to all other disciplines, including any variations in the criteria throughout the progress of design and documentation.
• Prepares and oversees contract documents (scale drawings and specifications) for issuance. Implements design and production drawings with limited involvement in utilizing Revit, providing direction to project team members working directly in Revit engaged in preparation of drawings and specification documents. Utilizes other required software and equipment as required for management of projects. Experienced in managing project teams and workflow utilizing Revit for production of contract documents.
• Maintains regular communication with the client, the Managing Partner, and the project team members, including chairing project phase kickoff meetings, weekly team meetings, quality assurance page flip meetings, etc. Proper preparation and distribution of all written communications on the project is required, including meeting minutes, weekly budget reports, and recording/tracking of project issues requiring resolution. Provides timely communication and guidance to all disciplines and consultants.
• Records project scope changes, prepares additional services for tracking and issuance to the client as directed by the Managing Partner. Communicates to team any issues concerning deviations from schedule, costs, or design criteria. Informs the client of changes which impact fee and schedule.
• Provides mentoring to the project team related to oversight and assistance to the clients with the bidding and award process as required.
• Responsible for the overall management and contractual fee and budgets of the team effort throughout the project, in coordination with the discipline leads and project team. The PM shall perform regular quality assurance reviews of the documents to ensure the project is being developed in accordance with the contract, deliverables, and schedule.
• Ensure quality assurance/technical reviews are implemented as part of the overall project delivery process. May provide internal quality peer reviews of projects not under their direct control.
• Adheres to the BKV Code Policy, working with the BKV Code Specialist to review and document code review requirements and meets with the respective authority having jurisdiction to obtain review and approval of the plans for code compliance.
• Works with the project team and BKV Disciplines Leads and Directors to support construction services and ensure design intent during construction.
• Maintains appropriate records and files, overseeing the project team’s maintenance of project files for the team.
• Maintains a free flow of communications with the Managing Partner, Director of Project Management, Director of Operations, Director of Professional Services, and local Directors of Architecture, and other managers relative to duties and activities.
• Ensure implementation of BKV office standards and procedures during the project delivery process, expressing positive team leadership and mentoring.
• Attend Quarterly Project Manager Meetings led by the Director of Project Management, and weekly Scheduling Meetings led by the Director of Professional Services.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in architecture preferred.
• Professional registration preferred.
• Proficient with Revit, Adobe, and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Deltek Ajera software preferred. Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• LEED AP optional
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to realize your creativity. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and designers, creating exciting environments, and enjoy collaboration and challenges, we'd like to talk with you. Please submit your resume and portfolio (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position and location in the e-mail subject.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email