Project Designer - COLLECTIVE OFFICE
COLLECTIVE OFFICE / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Collective Office was founded in 2009 as an architecture and design practice that articulates the customer story through physical space. Where art lies at the intersection crafting the clients’ journey and their design solution. We look for ways to infuse your identity—who you are, how you live and work, what’s important to you—into your physical environment. We don’t just prescribe colors and textures and furniture—we consider behaviors and work patterns and all the factors that make you and your business unique. We’re not just designing spaces. We’re crafting experiences. And those experiences are exclusive to you.
ABOUT THE JOB
Collective Office is seeking a Project Designer with 3-5 years of experience, responsible for production drawings and assisting on developing projects through our process. Successful applicants must demonstrate design and technical ability in all aspects of projects.
- Be an independent architectural thinker, capable of working logically through design problems on projects;
- Work competently on multiple projects concurrently.
- Creatively solve deign problems throughout the project process;
- Create drawing sets using archicad modeling tools;
- Create client presentations, renderings, physical models;
- Perform research, field surveys, and admin tasks;
- Administer Construction Administration as required on projects.
- To always be organized, interested, and engaged;
- To be present and conscious of the office, your work and architecture;
- We are a highly engaged environment, casual but often intense as we create our work is a fast-paced manner.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Proficiency in ArchiCad, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suites;
- Professional Degree in Architecture;
- Licensed Architect preferred - Illinois;
- 3-5 years experience in Architecture;
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to design and document all project phases,
- Proven ability to coordinate with design consultants;
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Commensurate with ability and experience.