SUMAC / Chicago, Illinois USA
ABOUT THE COMPANYSUMAC is an international architecture, construction and sustainability consulting firm based in Chicago.
We provide real estate development, owner’s representation, project and construction management, architecture, as well as sustainability and energy efficiency consulting services. We have more than 50 million ft² of successfully completed projects in multiple states and seven countries.
Learn more about our firm and our experience at www.sumacinc.com
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a project architect to manage an upcoming mixed-use residential project in Chicago and a university project in Miami. Work location will be in the firm’s Chicago office with travel to Miami on a regular basis.
As a growing international firm, the ideal candidate shall be interested in growing into a management position over the next several years.
The role of Project Architect will:
- Produce and coordinate a complete set of construction documents for permitting and bidding for projects
- Lead coordination of consultants of all disciplines
- Lead day-to-day construction administration activities
- Provide oversight and monitoring of work performed by support staff
- Develop trusted relationships with clients
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-15+ years’ experience
- Architecture license preferred but not required
- Experience with projects valued at $15-20MM+
- Proficient REVIT skills
- Self-directed with clear communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to forecast and organize project design development and production delivery
- Ability to successfully lead/organize a team of disciplines and consultants
- Strong architecture and detailing skills and proficient in construction administrative processes
- Strong understanding of construction processes and methods and how it impacts the project
SALARY$60,000 - $100,000 based on experience
CONTACT TO APPLY