Richard Beard Architects / San Francisco, CA United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ABOUT THE JOB
· Normal duties of Project Architect and Manager including but not limited to: team direction, organization, design/drawing production, design development, project management [planning, scheduling, fee estimates, execution, etc.], contract document and drawing development and administration when necessary, code verification, and most importantly client relations.
· Utilization rate [percentage of time billable to a project] should average at 75-80%.
· Oversee accurate document project progression as outlined in the PM and Operations Manuals
Leadership and Management
· Demonstrate professional and efficient work ethic.
· Actively pursue and participate in firm-wide goals. Contribute to the overall Management of the firm by actively participating in the administration of a program or area of preference.
· Demonstrate contributions to profession and community.
· Impart knowledge through internal office presentations.
· Motivate and enable staff to reach their potential.
· Work closely with staff in regards to performance, professional development and other related activities. Ensure best professional and business-like conduct of daily operations.
· Lead the team and provide guidance to staff regarding architectural software and how to best apply based on company standards, including dissemination and implementation of all relevant changes to industry practices.
· Provide internal guidance and support for internal and professional standards & practices.
Client & Business Development
· Collaborate with team on client development, thought leadership, market understanding, new business and marketing opportunities.
· Active participation in developing and maintaining relationships with existing clients
· Attend client meetings and participate in contract development, negotiation, and execution
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
· An accredited professional architecture degree: B.Arch or M.Arch.
· CA Licensure or enrolment with NCARB, participation in IDP and active pursuit of licensure, preferred.
· 7 - 10 years of experience with an architectural firm, preferably including high-end residential projects.
· Experience with either client, contractor or consultant interactions.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, MS Office and Adobe CS.
· A great design sensibility and a strong portfolio including construction drawings. Familiarity with wood frame, Type V construction techniques and detailing.
· Strong organization and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage one’s own time.
· Optional: hand sketching a plus.
CONTACT TO APPLY