Project Architect - Widler Architecture Inc.
Widler Architecture Inc. / Lombard, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Widler Architecture is a small designed focused architect firm located in western suburbs with projects focused throughout Chicagoland, surrounding areas and several neighboring states. We are looking to add a part time Project Architect who is creative, passionate, with innovative designs and strong technical skills to our growing team.
ABOUT THE JOB
The position requires familiarity and knowledge of all phases of the design process including land planning zoning and code studies, schematic design, design development, permitting, construction documents and construction observation. Applicant must have the knowledge and skills to match responsibilities on a project-by-project basis which could include programming, code/zoning, and construction documentation, permitting and experience with the construction administration process. Strong residential design background with some commercial preferred. Communicates and develops designs with Firm Principals and Project Managers, clients, other architects, engineers, and designers.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Professional Degree in Architecture OR NCARB Accredited Degree in Architecture
- Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience with Residential Design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, and MS Office, Blue Beam
- Experience in Sketch-up, and Adobe suite a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driving and motivated/Excellent time management
- Multi-tasking/Time Management skills: the ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable coordinating the submission of project documents to jurisdictional agencies
Position will start with in-office hours and will move towards working a combination of remote and in-office hours. Potential for going full time in future. Office is located block from Metra station.
Based on experience