Project Architect - Shumaker Design Build / Garry Shumaker Architects
Shumaker Design Build / Garry Shumaker Architects / EVANSTON, IL US / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Architecture | Interior Design | Architect - led Design Build.
Our work is mainly in the North Shore of Chicago. The Principals and Project Architects all have 10+ years of experience in custom residential work.
Philosophically we find that intentionally-designed homes invite gatherings, family and community, and enhance our everyday life. The homes become part of the fabric of our memories and we are honored so many of our clients, many of whom are designers themselves, entrust us to be part of that process.
ABOUT THE JOB
Residential Project Architect who will be accountable for project management, design coordination and development, and technical review and implementation, while working in collaboration with a, Principal or Project Architect in the studio. Primary responsibilities include developing deliverables, coordinating disciplines, and managing schedules for trades/sub-contractors for the design-build projects.
• Works with principals to create the project work plan, and helps lead the project team to deliver projects according to the schedule and budget.
• Translates conceptual design sketches into schematic design drawings, demonstrating a keen understanding of basic building elements, such as stair/exiting requirements, program and area delineation, schematic structural layout, and program elements/furniture for the living spaces of a home and site.
• Ensures the overall design intent is reflected in production drawings.
• Coordinates development of drawings among internal staff, and with outside consultants and other project team members.
• Regularly communicates with project team members, client representatives, government officials, to confirm design requirements and specifications, for progress checks, and to respond to queries and requests. Proactively identifies issues for resolution, and works with manager to constructively resolve issues.
• Undertakes thorough checks of deliverables to ensure they meet protocols for quality control, graphic standards, and best practices.
• Conducts analysis of zoning and building code compliance through each phase of design, including periodic checks and re-issuance of zoning and project data sheets.
• Performs as a team leader on certain projects, and collaborates as support for other Project Architects.
ntial experience a must.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Minimum requirements for this position include an architect license and 7+ years of custom residential experience.
• Proficient AutoCAD, Sketch up, and Excel.
• Thorough understanding of architectural building systems, materials, construction techniques, building codes, and sustainable practices.
• Ability to creatively devise solutions to work around existing conditions and other limitations, and present multiple ways to respond to a given set of design problems.
• Ability to work together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit while working individually on given tasks.
• Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
Requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
• Ability to adapt to variety in the workplace, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Our studio does not work remotely.
For consideration, please submit a sample portfolio with your resume to the following email: email@example.com
commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Suzanne and Garry
Apply via Email