Project Architect - North Arrow Partners
North Arrow Partners / Villa Park, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
North Arrow Partners is a mission driven develop-design-build firm specializing in the creation of affordable housing throughout Illinois and adjacent states.
• Over 21 years of experience developing, designing and building affordable housing throughout the State of Illinois.
• Our Mission – To create uplifting environments for individuals and families in need of clean, safe, affordable housing through inventive and inclusive design.
• Our Vision – To remove the stigma of affordable housing and create truly integrated developments that benefit each community.
ABOUT THE JOB
Full time position with health and 401k benefits
• Responsible for taking project from conceptual drawings to permit set and through construction
• Zoning, building code research and compliance
• Schematic drawings
• Design development / coordination with engineers
• Construction drawings and specifications for low-mid density multi-family buildings
• Monitor drawings for building code compliance / accessibility code compliance
• Coordination with consultants as well as coordination of requirements of various investors
• Client contact including draw meetings, weekly conference calls, etc
• Coordination with construction staff
• Construction administration / site visits
• Review submittals / shop drawings / answer questions from job sites
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Architecture / license preferred
• 5+ years of experience in multi-family permit drawings
• Thorough knowledge / understanding of construction
• Proficiency in AutoCad
• Microsoft Word / Excel capabilities
• Must be detail-oriented / thorough with great communication skills
• Independent / pro-active worker who learns quickly
• Must be able to see a task through to completion
• Photoshop and 3D modeling skills a plus / not required
• Some travel (within 5-6 hour drive)required
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email