Project Architect - Licensed (2 openings) & Architectural Associate - Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture (HPA) is an architecture, planning and interior design firm that practices nationally from our Fulton Market studio. Named 2018 Firm of the Year by AIA Chicago, HPA delivers multi-use commercial, multi-family residential and hospitality projects that share a common sensibility toward placemaking.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have two job opportunities for licensed PROJECT ARCHITECTS who will be accountable for project management, design coordination and development, and technical review and implementation, while working in collaboration with a Senior Project Architect, Principal or Partner. Primary responsibilities include developing deliverables, coordinating disciplines, and supervising document production by junior staff. Minimum requirements for this position include at least 5 years’ relevant experience (7+ years preferred), architect license and Revit proficiency.
We are also seeking an ARCHITECTURAL ASSOCIATE who will be responsible for review, preparation, and coordination of architectural plans and other project-related information. Will involve drafting, addressing red-marks, field observation and reporting, specification review and writing, designing and selecting materials. Minimum requirements for this position include at least 2 years’ relevant experience (3+ years preferred) and Revit proficiency.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• B. Arch or M. Arch from an accredited school of Architecture
• Minimum of 2+ years' relevant experience for Architectural Associate candidates (3+ years preferred)
• Minimum of 5+ years' relevant experience for Project Architect candidates (7+ years preferred) and an architect license
• Proficient in Revit (minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional setting), AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Thorough understanding of architectural building systems, materials, construction techniques, building codes, and sustainable practices.
• Ability to creatively devise solutions to work around existing conditions and other limitations, and present multiple ways to respond to a given set of design problems.
• Ability to work together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit while working individually on given tasks.
• Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes. Requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
• Ability to adapt to variety in the workplace, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• LEED accreditation is desired.
Commensurate with Experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email