Project Architect - Griskelis Young Harrell
Griskelis Young Harrell / Chicago, Illinois United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Griskelis Young Harrell (GYH) is an award-winning, Chicago-based design firm providing our clients with Architecture, Interior Design, and Planning services since 1986. We work in a broad range of markets including: property repositioning, commercial office, education, retail, medical office, industrial, municipal and financial services sectors. Our culture pursues professional excellence; endeavors to deliver substantial client service and value; and aspires to enrich the built-world through thoughtful / meaningful design. For more information please visit GYHarch.com.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a Project Architect with strong leadership skills and proven experience leading small teams in the design and documentation of small to mid-size architectural and interiors projects. Strong communication skills are required at all levels.
Successful candidate will possess: a thorough understanding of construction drawings and specifications, strong technical knowledge, and demonstrated detailing ability.
Candidate shall be able to lead and manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously; as well as integrate into teams on projects led by others.
Ideal candidate will be adept at both AutoCad and Revit, and enthusiastic about contributing to the Firm's continued evolution towards a proficient Revit/BIM design and construction documentation work flow process.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Successful candidates will have 5-10 years of experience working in an architectural firm. They will possess the following characteristics:
- Professional and/or Masters of Architecture from an accredited College.
- Licensed or actively seeking licensure.
- Dynamic, creative, detail oriented teammate.
- Well organized and able collaborate in a team environment and execute small projects of your own.
- Self-motivated with strong communication (verbal, written, 2D and 3D graphic) and presentation skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and realize designs and technical solutions through all project phases.
- Highly proficient in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketch Up.
- Substantial experience in both design and construction documentation with Revit and AutoCad.
- Demonstrate aptitude in laying-out, organizing, detailing and executing construction documents for
ground-up construction and interior design.
- Experience in Revit design and production capabilities.
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling and rendering in 3-D modeling software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Adobe InDesign desirable.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Commensurate with Demonstrated Experience and Ability.
CONTACT TO APPLY