Project Architect - Globetrotters Engineering Corporation
Globetrotters Engineering Corporation / Chicago, IL / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Globetrotters Engineering is a full-service professional organization that has served the public and private sectors since 1974 in the areas of design, management, and consulting. With 200+ personnel, we draw upon highly qualified and experienced staff with diverse expertise to provide cost-effective, sustainable, and responsive services to our clients. We are in a growth mode and excited about the projects we are completing and have in the pipeline.
We are based in beautiful Chicago, rated the number one “Best Big City” by Conde Nast Traveler readers for four years in a row. With some of the world’s best architecture, culture, sports, food and drinks, shopping, nature, and lakefront access, we can’t disagree with the ranking. Chicago has it all for you and your family. You will not be bored. You will have a front-row seat to a lot of Chicago’s offerings as our corporate office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago and close to public transportation and expressways.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a PROJECT ARCHITECT to design and plan all types of municipal, commercial, and institutional projects – the type of projects that impact lives daily. Our projects get built.
In this position, you will:
* Communicate design options to project teams and clients, which include public agencies
* Development and management of project schedules and budgets
* Completes projects within budget and schedule
* Prepare design and contract drawings using advanced design tools
* Prepare design and construction documents and specifications
* Oversee the work of more junior designers and architects
* Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
We are looking for someone who has:
* 15 years of architectural experience
* 5 years Project Manager experience
* Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects
* Knowledge of other disciplines and directs interdisciplinary coordination
* Detailed knowledge of building codes and industry standards, including ADA
* Proficiency in CADD and Revit
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Licensed architect
* LEED AP certification
* Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
* PMP certification a plus
At Globetrotters, you are offered the diverse opportunities that are found at a larger firm, but are within the more collaborative and close-knit environment of a mid-size firm. Your perspective and exceptional skills will be valued here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email