Project Architect - Axios Architects and Consultants Ltd.
Axios Architects and Consultants Ltd. / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Axios is a Greek word meaning worthiness. We at Axios Architects strive to live up to our firm’s namesake by proving competent, quality design and full architectural services with integrity. We design spaces for organizations looking for new ways to provide value by proposing healthier, more effective spaces.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are searching for a project architect + designer (3-5 years of experience) to join our team in Chicago with a strong focus on rehabs, and new construction residential, commercial, and institutional projects. In this role, you will provide design support for completion of design concepts, create schematic and design development drawings, analyze design options, and execute projects through construction organization. The individual will be working with the team to complete drawings on schedule and with great quality to meet our clients’ expectations.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Manage multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
• Resolve technical/design issues to maintain progress and quality control and to communicate between the project team and consultants.
• Direct client relationships and team communication.
• Maintain the project manual and specifications.
• Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews.
• Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc., during construction.
• Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and varied levels of relevant experience as a project architect.
• Have strong graphic and verbal communication skills, whether it be communicating with clients or working within our team environment, are critical.
• Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite (3d modeling and rendering a plus).
• Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that thoroughly, and accurately describe the work to be done.
• Knowledge of Chicago building codes, standards and building structures.
• Understanding of sustainable and universal design concepts.
• Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
• Be eligible to work in the United States of America or possess a visa for work Eligibility. Must complete W4 & I9 Forms at time of hire.
• This is not a remote position. The successful candidate will be expected to live in or relocate to the Chicago area upon acceptance.
• Work hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
We encourage every person at Axios Architects to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k and annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Axios Architects offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees.
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples in PDF format.
Commensurate with Experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email