Project Architect/Architectural Designer - Farr Associates
Farr Associates / CHICAGO, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Farr Associates is an architecture, planning, and urban design firm located in the historic Monadnock Building in Chicago, Illinois. We help visionaries create the most sustainable buildings and places, aiming to embolden leadership and accelerate change. Projects in our studio focus on high-performance green buildings of all types including commercial, residential, institutional, and affordable housing in both new-build and renovation contexts.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are growing and seeking a driven and passionate Project Architect and/or Architectural Designer. Candidates that will be considered must have the following traits to contribute to our collaborative studio:
· Smart, strategic, highly organized, self-starter, who shares the firm’s vision
· Great communication, writing, and editing skills
· Excellent presentation preparation skills
· Passion for sustainable, socially-equitable, economically-viable design
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Skills and Qualifications Required:
· Graduate of a NAAB-accredited degree (B.Arch or M.Arch)
· Registered Architect in the State of Illinois or pursuing licensure - Candidates should note their NCARB progress if not licensed.
· 3-5 years of experience post accredited architectural degree
· LEED AP or Green Associate; Required within one year of employment
· Proficiency in Revit. Expectation to work on production of drawing sets and specifications
· Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite applications
· Construction Administration experience
· Familiarity with sustainable certification systems (LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL, PHIUS)
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. Must be local to Chicago at the start of employment.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and sample portfolio as a single PDF (one document, all other submissions will not be considered) less than 5MB to Kelly Moynihan, Associate Principal, email@example.com. Cover letter and resume MUST include highlighted experience in sustainability, Project Management, and Construction Administration in order to be considered for the position.