Project Architect- 5 years minimum residential experience - Design Seed, Inc.
Design Seed, Inc. / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Design Seed Inc (www.designseed.info) is a boutique privately owned Chicago based architecture / Interior Design / Construction / design-build company Owned by a creative husband and wife team. Husband is a Licensed Architect and Builder, wife is an established Interior Designer. We believe that the success of our projects is due to our approach on collaboration, creativity and open communication with our customers and all members of the team through the full life-cycle of the project from conception through warranty.
ABOUT THE JOB
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently seeking a full-time residential Project Architect with excellent communication and technical skills to join our team.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and work samples to email@example.com or sent to:
Design Seed, Inc
1965 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. Also, let us know where you heard about the job posting.Design Seed, Inc is seeking a Project Architect to join the Team. The projects are focused on small to large scale residential renovations, additions and the occasional new construction.
The Project Architect is responsible for the overall production of architectural drawings from documenting existing conditions thru Construction Documents. Ideal candidates for this role are those who have previously completed these types of projects and have significant experience in residential construction and renovations.
Key responsibilities of the position are:
• Prepare architectural drawings from Pre-Design through Construction Documents
• Approach your work with the intent to "understand" and not just "do".
• Research local codes associated with the project and be familiar with Chicago Building Codes and National Residential Codes.
• Communicate with team, consultants, supervisors and clients as needed.
• Ability to be on a project site when needed.
• Perform site visits and documentation of existing buildings and spaces.
• Passionate about subject matter.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• 5 years minimum experience (or strong proven understanding of residential wood frame construction in new and renovation work)
• Professional degree in Architecture
• Path towards licensure preferred, but not required.
• Solid understanding of residential design, products, detailing and construction, in new and renovation work.
• Proficient in BIM software, preference for ArchiCAD users.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently
• Able to interact with clients and coworkers.
• Able to be discrete and flexible.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficiency with email and basic computer operation.
• Strong graphic, verbal and written communication skills.
Commensurate with experience