PROJECT ARCHITECT (4 to 9 yrs) - dSPACE STUDIO
dSPACE STUDIO / Chicago - Lakeview, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
dSPACE is seeking a talented architect to join our creative team. We are an award-winning residential design firm based in Chicago. Our work is defined by thoughtful design and innovation. Every project is tailor-made.
View our portfolio of work at dspacestudio.com
View our Instagram feed
ABOUT THE JOB
Our ideal candidate would complement our team. We are collaborative, design-forward, fun, motivated, organized, problem-solvers, positive, energetic, and great communicators.
Our ideal candidate should have experience with Residential Design, and have experience with detailing exteriors and interiors, construction documents, and construction administration. All candidates will be accountable for the design and technical quality of each project while being able to adhere to established schedules & budgets. You must be able to confidently rationalize design solutions to colleagues/clients/contractors.
This is an opportunity to assume long-term growth at a dynamic firm of talented architects.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- 4+ years relevant professional experience in custom residential.
- Licensed Architect - Illinois, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment.
- Design & creative talent with confidence to take design initiative.
- Desire to create groundbreaking, never tried before, industry leading design solutions.
- Desire to offer exceptional client service.
- Committed to challenging yourself to constantly improve and keep learning.
- Be self-starting with very strong work ethic. Foster team camaraderie.
- Be a team player willing to accept a full range of responsibilities and roles.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to take direction from colleagues/clients.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with project team (consultants, general contractors, etc).
- Ability to create conceptual, presentation, and technical drawings for all phases of project documentation.
- Experience with building codes, zoning and generally knowledgeable in jurisdictional processes.
- Proficiency with BIM, 3D Software, MS Office, Adobe Suite.
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University Architecture Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. All applicants who are not US citizens must describe their work status, including visa type and duration.
Qualified candidates should submit: Cover Letter, Resume, and Work Samples (via link or file under 5MB). No calls, please.
When responding, specify in the email subject line: "Arch Applicant, Your Name, # Yrs Experience"
COVID-19 note: our team is working remote through the pandemic.
CONTACT TO APPLY