Part-Time Project Architect
HPZS / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANYHPZS is a full-service 100% woman owned architectural firm with specialties in Historic Preservation and Sustainable Design with a focus on combating climate change through Preserving a Sustainable Future. Our firm works at all scales with a particular focus on projects in Chicago and the Midwest, with the aim of creating stronger more resilient communities through a focus on re-tooling existing buildings for the future. www.hpzs.com
ABOUT THE JOB
HPZS is seeking an Associate Level Architect with 10+years experience to join our steadily growing team focused on preservation, adaptive reuse, sustainable design and affordable housing. The ideal candidate will have worked on renovation projects with at least one City of Chicago agency, including but not limited to Chicago Public Schools, Chicago Housing Authority, Chicago Park District and has experience permitting in the City of Chicago.
Part time hourly position with potential for full time employment in a flexible small firm environment focused on doing great work for our clients and having fun. If interested please cover letter indicating your alignment with the qualifications, resume and sample portfolio to Lisa Ross (email@example.com). Only email submissions accepted.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Bachelor of Architecture degree (minimum requirement); Master’s Degree preferred but not required
10 Years’ Experience Required (minimum)
Must be a registered architect in the State of Illinois
• Experience with existing buildings - Historic Preservation/Renovations/Adaptive Reuse, Multi-family Housing preferred
• Knowledge of applicable local codes, and permitting within the City preferred
• LEED Accredited (GA, or AP + Specialty) Required OR must be willing to acquire within six (6) month of hire
• Must be proficient in:
• Revit and AutoCAD
• Field measurement and documentation of existing buildings as well as BIM modeling of existing conditions
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Ability to model conceptual renderings in Revit or SketchUp
• Experience in independantly delivering all project delivery phases, especially assessment and construction documentation field work
• Experience in working with and managing a variety of consultants
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and desire to offer exceptional client service – attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
• Proactive and resourceful with a strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence to take initiative
• Ability to coordinate, manage and prioritize work assignments with fixed and/or competing deadlines
• Must be a team player in a collegial collaborative atmosphere; lone wolf types need not apply.
• You must be a movie lover or you won’t enjoy our office meetings.
CONTACT TO APPLY