Muller2 / Chicago, Illinois United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The architectural firm of Muller2 was founded in 1984 by Jay and Cindy Muller and today Muller2 has grown to nearly 30 employees, including 11 licensed architects. Major market sectors include: Aviation, Transit, Passenger Rail, Recreation, Education, and General Municipal. Major current clients include: The Chicago Department of Aviation, The Chicago Department of Transportation, The Chicago Transit Authority, Metra Commuter Rail, Amtrak, The Chicago Park District, Chicago’s Riverwalk, The Public Building Commission of Chicago, and Renown Artist Theaster Gates. We have recently opened an office in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area to accommodate our growing workload at DFW International Airport. Located in Chicago’s trendy Riverwest Neighborhood, Muller2’s offices are located in unique loft space, complete with game room, workshop, and rooftop deck. We believe in open communication and a culture that fosters creativity and responsibility at all levels. Please visit our website for more information and to apply www.muller2.com.
ABOUT THE JOB
ENTRY-LEVEL INTERN ARCHITECT
Minimum one-year experience required. Graduate of accredited architecture school with a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree. Must have some previous work experience in an architecture office. Ideal candidate will have strong 3-D modeling/rendering skills and an understanding of construction documents. Strong Revit and graphic skills required.
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL ARCHITECT
Minimum three-years experience required. Graduate of accredited architecture school with a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree with licensure goal. Ideal candidate will have extensive construction document experience with strong Revit skills. Must be able to direct entry level staff/interns and coordinate with sub-consultants.
SENIOR TECHNICAL COORDINATOR
Minimum ten-years experience required. Graduate of accredited architecture school with a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree with license. Ideal candidate will have extensive construction document coordination experience and will have sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad array of assignments and related fields, acting independently regarding architectural methods and complexities. Typical duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to, the following:
• Reviews, coordinates, and implements scope of services.
• Plans, directs, and supervises all aspects of a project.
• Responsible for finished plans, and specifications; and review of materials and construction.
• Prepares and/or supervises code analysis.
• Prepares and/or supervises the production of specifications.
• Supervises architects, interns, and admin staff.
• Plans work schedules and priorities for project activities.
• If designated, serves as primary client contact (Project Manager).
• Coordinates directly with Engineers and Specialty Consultants.
• In charge of providing progress reports and presenting explanations and solutions for unforeseen occurrences throughout the project.
• Tracks project progress and implements work schedule.
• Tracks project costs and profitability.
CONTACT TO APPLY