Licensed Architect / Architectural Associate - blu-Lotus Architects Inc.
blu-Lotus Architects Inc. / Oakbrook Terrace, Il United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Managing Architect has over 35 years of experience on a broad range of projects in the local, national, and international marketplace. Its' commissions presently are in the residential, hospitality, and commercial sectors. We have put together a strong back-of-the-house support team, and are now looking to grow our full-time staff. Accordingly, we are offering this invitation to be a part of our young but growing organization of experienced and successful design professionals. The successful invitee will be working closely with our international staff remotely through the internet, and the developing in-house staff on premises. Also, the candidate must have strong technical skills and be able to work independently with limited guidance from Senior Staff.
ABOUT THE JOB
This offer represents a great opportunity for those individuals that demand a lot of themselves, are committed to the profession, and under the supervision & guidance of seasoned professionals, want to grow their knowledge and be directly involved with all aspects of the rapidly growing Architectural Practice.
The position offered requires that the candidate be well organized and knowledgeable of all phases of the design process, from preliminary field surveying and Programming to Zoning/Building Code analysis through Construction Phase Activities and Reporting. The candidate will be involved with Research & Design, Feasibility Studies, and Land Planning. Additionally, the applicant will be responsible for the preparation of Construction and Project Licensing Documentation and must have a deep knowledge of both the Chicago Building Codes and the ICC set of Codes with particular emphasis on the IRC & IBC. The successful applicant must be able to juggle multiple projects, work with Engineers, and meet deadlines while maintaining an upbeat, positive attitude. The candidate will be involved with Client Development and must have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Project types vary but presently include, in addition to Urban Planning, the following: Gated and Non-gated Single-Family Homes, Multi-family Residences, Residential & Commercial Rehabs, Multi-use Developments, Restaurants and Nightclubs, Large & Small Retail, and other Commercial Projects.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Level I Licensed to Level II Non-Licensed; Architect / Architectural Associate.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in architecture is required with State Licensure or path to
an Architectural LIcense a must-have.
- 3-6 Years of work experience working on Residential & Commercial Projects.
- Great work ethic, great attitude, focused, and ready to hit the ground running.
- Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a Team Member.
- Working knowledge of Building Codes and Zoning Ordinances.
- Preparation of Contract Documents from field measuring & documentation to the release
of Permit/Bid Documents and Project Close-Out / Occupancy.
- Knowledge of MPE Systems.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, Sketchup, and the Microsoft+Adobe Suite of
Commensurate With Experience.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email