JUNIOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER (1 to 4 yrs) - dSPACE STUDIO
dSPACE STUDIO / Chicago - Lakeview, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
dSPACE is seeking a talented individual to join our creative team. We are an award-winning residential design firm based in Chicago. Our work is defined by thoughtful design and innovation. Every project is tailor-made. Our portfolio can be seen here: www.dspacestudio.com.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our ideal candidate would complement our team. We are collaborative, design-forward, fun, motivated, organized, problem-solvers, positive, energetic, and great communicators.
Our ideal candidate would have experience with residential design and have experience detailing interiors and exteriors. All candidates will be accountable for the design and technical quality of each project while being able to adhere to established schedules & budgets. You must be able to confidently rationalize design solutions to colleagues/clients/contractors.
This is an opportunity to assume long-term growth at a dynamic firm of talented architects.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• 1 to 4 yrs relevant professional experience.
• Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment.
• Design & creative talent with confidence to take design initiative.
• Propose groundbreaking, innovative, industry-leading design solutions.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Commitment to challenging yourself to constantly improve and keep learning.
• Self-starting with strong work ethic.
• Team player willing to accept a full range of responsibilities.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interface with project team (consultants, general contractors, etc).
• Ability to create conceptual, presentation, and technical drawings for all phases of project documentation.
• Experience with building codes, zoning and generally knowledgeable in jurisdictional processes a plus.
• Proficiency with BIM, 3D Software, MS Office, Adobe Suite *Please address your familiarity with these.
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University Architecture Program.
Qualified candidates should submit: Cover Letter, Resume, and Work Samples (via link or file under 5MB). No calls, please.
When responding, specify in the email subject line: "Arch Applicant, Your Name, # Yrs Experience"
COVID-19 note: our team is working remote through the pandemic.
Commensurate with experience.
CONTACT TO APPLY