Job Captain/Sustainability Focused - Kipnis Architecture + Planning
Kipnis Architecture + Planning / Evanston, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kipnis Architecture + Planning over its 28 years in business has earned a local, regional and national reputation for design excellence that integrates sustainability, resilient design and wellness - ‘High Design/Low Carbon™’. We are early signatories to the AIA's 2030 Commitment, rigorously working towards having our projects be 'net zero' for their carbon. Additionally, we have been intimately involved with the AIA’s 2030 Commitment at the national and local level.
Our work is approximately 85% custom residential and 15% commercial, including restaurant and airport facility work. We have offices in Evanston and Boulder, CO.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a committed Architectural Job Captain with a solid experience in well-detailed, single family residential and commercial architecture to assist on all phases of a project. Additionally, this person will help with our sustainability efforts, including inputting projects into energy modeling programs, as well as detailed 3D imaging.
Specific requirements include:
- Assist with initial and design development schemes.
- Analyze projects for sustainable performance (will train in-house).
- Prepare permit drawing sets and construction documents.
- Coordinate with consultants and contractors.
We anticipate that this position will be full time.
Flexibility will be required while we follow COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of the valued members of our Studio; collaboration through technology will be primarily used. At this time, we are not meeting in person until the pandemic situation is resolved. However, carefully planned site visits primarily for field measuring will be undertaken as required.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Professional Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture.
- 1-5 years of U.S. experience.
- A strong knowledge of sustainable design is required. LEED accreditation would be a plus.
- Proficiency in BIM and 3D modeling is required (will provide focused in house training as required).
- Experience with Vectorworks is a plus (will train in house).
- Experience developing detailed construction documents for bid, permit and construction.
- Excellent graphic and communication skills/ working with a team.
- Solid people relationship skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualified candidates should submit the following: (1) Cover Letter (2) Resume with references and (3) Portfolio (<10 MB file size).
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: salary and benefits commensurate with level of education, experience and qualifications. For full time positions, benefits offered include medical insurance and a profit sharing program.