Main Architecture / Chicago, IL United States
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Main Architecture is a small architectural firm offering design, planning and consulting services We are conveniently located on Halsted Street in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Our small firm culture and atmosphere allows the opportunity for individual growth and advancement. We offer a casual and professional working atmosphere and pay and benefits commensurate with experience. If you are looking to work on a variety of projects in a casual yet professional atmosphere that respects a positive work-life balance, please send us your information.
ABOUT THE JOBWe are seeking a motivated Architectural intern to work collaboratively in a team environment, performing design and technical production of documents in Revit through all phases of architecture. This role includes coordinating with the project team, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Utilizing BIM prepare and modify architectural documents at the direction of the project architect or more senior design professional, ensuring alignment with design intent and firm standards.
- Develop solutions to technical and design problems.
- Integrate Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepare 2D and 3D design materials for client/project team review.
- Perform product research, assist project designer and project architect with material selection and system research.
- May assist team in the construction administration phase.
- Foster a commitment to design excellence and client service.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Basic hand drawing and physical model building skills.
- Proficiency in Design, Problem Solving, Sustainable Design and emerging computer technologies.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCad.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch Up graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building system.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
SALARYTo Be Determined
CONTACT TO APPLY