Harley Ellis Devereaux (HED) / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Harley Ellis Devereaux (HED) advances your world. Founded in 1908, we are focused on delivering creative solutions for complex design challenges to clients around the nation and world. As a fully integrated practice, we build on what we know asking and resolving questions with imagination and foresight; sharing ideas and knowledge; and engaging in resourceful collaborations. We serve clients in a broad range of markets, including Corporate + Commercial, Healthcare, Higher Education, Pre K-12 Schools and Community Education and Science + Technology with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco.
Harley Ellis Devereaux is committed to excellence in its human resources practices and employee enrichment and has been named one of the "National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For" for six consecutive years.
ABOUT THE JOB
Ideal Candidates will be degreed, LEED accredited, and have at least 3 years’ experience in the design of workplace, higher education and/or multifamily housing projects. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be well versed in the design and implementation of contract interiors and have experience in conceptual design, space planning, design development, material selection, furniture selection and contract documents. Experience with REVIT, and competency with diverse digital design media is essential.
• Work as part of a team to design interior environments for a variety of clients and project types.
• Collaborate with architects, interior designers, clients, consultants and vendors.
• Assist in developing design concepts and ideas.
• Select materials, furniture and equipment for a variety of project types.
• Conduct material and product research as required for project development and to support design intent.
• Develop client presentation materials in a variety of media to help convey design intent.
• Produce interior design construction documents.
• Participate in client presentations as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Degree in Interior Design (or equivalent)
• LEED Accredited preferred.
• Minimum three years' experience in A/E industry and experience with corporate workplace, higher education and multifamily housing projects preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
• Strong Revit experience is required.
• Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
• Strong creative aptitude.
• Excellent at conceptualizing design ideas.
• Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
• Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
• Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
CONTACT TO APPLY