Interior Designer - Technical
Wright Heerema Architects / Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wright Heerema Architects, current recipient of the Design Firm of the Year Award from the Chicago Real Estate Development Association, is an established Chicago-based firm providing a full range of design services. We are a 50+ person team located in the Chicago Loop.
Our interiors and architecture professionals are equal partners of a growing, collaborative organization, delivering exceptional design solutions for our clients. We serve a variety of corporate clients in the US and Canada. For more information about Wright Heerema Architects see www.wharchs.com.
ABOUT THE JOB
Wright Heerema Architects is seeking a Technical Interior Designer with extensive experience in Workplace Interior Design.
This is a unique opportunity for a qualified candidate to join our team and contribute to the design and delivery of significant workplace projects for a variety of commercial clients. The tasks will include;
• Assist in the design of creative and innovative interior environments that support our client needs
• Lead and participate in the development of interior design construction documents
• Participate in construction administration activities
• Provide technical Quality Assurance checks of CD's
• Act as a "go-to" designer for interior design technical questions
• Coordinate with client, project team, and consultants
• Provide exceptional, proactive, friendly client service
• Inspire, teach, lead-by-example and mentor interior design staff
• Ensure completion of assignments within schedule and fee perimeters
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player
• 7+ years of professional experience in commercial office design preferred
• Genuine curiosity and passion for developing design and technical solutions to support our client projects
• Working knowledge and understanding of standard interior construction methods
• Bachelor's or Master degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited university required
• Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD highly desired.
• Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
• Passion for providing client-centered design, excellent client service and responsiveness
• Working knowledge of Chicago Building Codes preferred
• Collaborative professional Contact
CONTACT TO APPLY
• Email response to email@example.com with resume, portfolio and salary requirements.