Interior Designer / Interior Architect
zpd+a / Chicago, Illinois USA
ABOUT THE COMPANYzpd+a is a full-service design firm offering pre-development services, master planning, architectural and interior design services for projects through Chicago and across the United States. We are a trusted partner in a wide range of project types, including multi-family housing, hospitality, adaptive reuse, tenant improvement, shell and core, and residential. We develop strong relationships with our clients and strive to create dynamic work with interesting people on a daily basis. We are currently seeking new team members to join our studio. Visit our website for more details about our firm and see our portfolio
ABOUT THE JOBFull time position for a designer with a minimum of 5 years experience in a professional studio setting, with exposure to a variety of project types. The position will work directly with a Project Manager and Principals.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist with Zoning, code and other regulatory research.
- Produce presentation documentation including Mood Boards, Concept Boards, Renderings, etc.
- Assist Interior Design studio with selections, samples and specifications.
- Assist with Programming and related phases.
- Develop drawings and related project documentation from Schematic Design through to Construction Documentation.
- Communicate as required between staff and consultants to coordinate project tasks/goals/related items.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTSApplicant should meet the following criteria:
- Possess an NAAB accredited degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Have a burning desire to support a dynamic and diverse team of architects, designers and consultants in creating inspiring and impactful work.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Commercial and Residential design.
- Relevant experience in the project phasing and documentation requirements including Construction Documents and Specifications.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD & REVIT; be comfortable in SketchUp, as well as multiple Adobe Creative Suite projects (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Have an interest and knowledge in materials and systems.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines is key.
- Strong critical thinking, leadership, and communication skills required.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding regarding the components and process required to deliver innovative, yet realistic developed design solutions that satisfy our Client's stated functional; visual; and financial goals. They should take initiative, communicate effectively working within a team and demonstrate successful problem-solving skills.
SALARYBased on experience
CONTACT TO APPLY