Interior Designer III
BKV Group / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BKV Group is a holistic design firm providing a full complement of architectural, interior design and engineering expertise and services. Since 1978, BKV has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with practice sites in Chicago, Minneapolis and Washington, DC, serving clients regionally and nationwide. An established leader in the practice areas of multi-family housing, government and corporate, we share knowledge across studios and geographies to provide relevant and meaningful solutions that support our clients’ mission. Our clients appreciate our collaborative approach to incorporating proven processes, technologies and best-practices to bring their vision to life.
ABOUT THE JOB
• Involved in all aspects of project planning from programming, through design documentation and construction
• Collaborates and communicates with multi-disciplinary team on a variety of project types
• Leads interior program development with the client
• Develops Visioning/Branding package for client to establish aesthetic direction and Interior Design concept for the project.
• Advises client on appropriate finish and material selections and implement on overall design palette that support the aesthetic goals, budget and functionality of the project.
• Renders design concepts in the form of 3D renderings, rendered elevations and floor plans to communicate design to owner
• Selects or designs and specifies furnishings, art work, and accessories. Assists owner in procurement of furniture as required.
• Oversees productions of documents for bidding. Coordinates with other disciplines for quality assurance, technical accuracy and completeness. Reviews work of junior design staff on project for quality assurance. Coordinates with Project lead to finalize scope of Interiors Construction documents.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
• Four-year Interior Design degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in a commercial design firm
• Applicant must have strong experience in multi-family and/or hospitality design
• Professional Interior Design registration/ Certified Interior Designer
• Strong graphic presentation skills, proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D Modeling
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and highly motivated individual
• Strong relationship building skills with internal teams and clients
If you meet all the minimum requirements outlined above, we would like to talk to you. Please submit your resumé, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
CONTACT TO APPLY