Interior Design - Designer
Studio K Design / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Studio K is an award winning Chicago based interior design firm with an exciting portfolio of projects ranging from restaurants, bars and hotels to luxury student housing. Our unique projects span the country and have received global recognition. We work hard to maintain our strong supportive culture while encouraging professional growth for our entire team. See our website here: http://www.studiokcreative.com/
We are seeking design professionals to join our expanding team of collaborative designers. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, self-motivated, creative, and have a positive attitude. We expect candidates to hit the ground running, with the ability to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously from concept through completion.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Report to Senior Designer(s) in the management of multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Understand commercial finishes and FF&E specification
- Oversee all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development and production
- Resolve technical/design issues and provide guidance to team.
- Coordinate with client, consultants, vendors and design team to develop drawings, details, field notes and produce design development documents
- On site review for design quality control
- Prepare FF&E specifications, fixture drawings, custom fabrication, millwork, etc
Perks & Benefits
- Healthcare / Life / Dental / Vision
- 401k / Roth - employer matching
- Transit benefits
- Paid Holidays / Birthday Half- Day / Summer Hours / Wellness Days / PTO / Winter Holiday Break
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Degree from an accredited design program
- Minimum 7+ years professional experience within an architectural and/or interior design studio
- Previous hospitality experience required
- Able to lead project coordination efforts
- Able to manage and red-line drawing sets
- Strong client communication and coordination skills.
- Able to provide guidance to junior staff
- Computer skills should include AutoCAD, SpecSource, InDesign, Photoshop, SketchUp
- Ability to work well with a team and self motivated to work alone
- Able to effectively communicate with client and manage client expectations
- Strong leadership abilities and the ability to manage teams and projects.
- Team leadership and client management skills
CONTACT TO APPLY