Interior Design - Designer
Studio K Creative, LLC / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Studio K is an award winning Chicago based interior design firm with an exciting portfolio of projects ranging from restaurants, bars and hotels to luxury student housing. Our unique projects span the country and have received global recognition. We work hard to maintain our strong supportive culture while encouraging professional growth for our entire team.
We are seeking design professionals to join our expanding team of collaborative designers. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, self-motivated, creative, and have a positive attitude. We expect candidates to hit the ground running, with the ability to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously from concept through completion.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Contribute to all stages of the design process: Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Administration
- Complete comprehensive project tasks
- Prepare FFE specifications, fixture drawings, custom fabrication, millwork, etc.
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Participate in client meetings and on-site visits
- Healthcare / Life / Dental / Vision
- 401k / Roth - employer matching
- Paid phone plan
- Transit benefits
- Paid Holidays / Birthday Half- Day / Summer Hours / Wellness Days / PTO / Winter Holiday Break
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Degree in Interior Design
- 4+ years interior design work experience - hospitality required
- Excellent AutoCAD & Adobe Creative Suite Skills. Photoshop and InDesign a must. SketchUp and Illustrator a plus.
- Vendor management and communication (written/verbal) skills
- Strong graphic and presentation skills
- Experience in all phases of design from concept through construction administration
- Experience in working with and sourcing architectural materials/finishes and FF&E
- Experience in construction drawing, documentation and oversight
- Ability to oversee and manage a team of designers across multiple projects
CONTACT TO APPLY