Interior Architect Project Manager
zpd+a / Chicago, Illinois USA
ABOUT THE COMPANYzpd+a is a full-service design firm offering pre-development services, master planning, architectural and interior design services for projects through Chicago and across the United States. We are a trusted partner in a wide range of project types, including multi-family housing, hospitality, adaptive reuse, tenant improvement, shell and core, and residential. We develop strong relationships with our clients and strive to create dynamic work with interesting people on a daily basis. We are currently seeking new team members to join our studio. Visit our website for more details about our firm and see our portfolio.
ABOUT THE JOBFull time position for an Interiors Architect with a minimum of 8 years experience in a professional studio setting, with knowledge of a variety of project types. The position will work directly with Principals, junior staff, and clients.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Managing multiple projects of varying scale concurrently.
- Assist firm principals to establish and develop design concepts for projects.
- Lead team members to develop concepts, presentations and related documentation.
- Material research and concept validation.
- Zoning, code and other regulatory research as relevant to each project.
- Develop and oversee Presentation documentation with junior staff.
- Develop drawings and related project documentation from Schematic Design through to Construction Documentation including specifications.
- Communicate between in-office staff, as well as with clients and consultants to coordinate project tasks/goals/related items.
- Organize and Implement office drawing and BIM standards.
- Construction Administration for projects as required, including occasional travel for out of town and state projects.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTSApplicant should meet the following criteria:
- Possess an accredited degree in Architecture or Interior Design; licensure preferred but not mandatory.
- Have a burning desire to create energizing, inspiring and soulful work withing the parameters established by each client and project.
- Have and interest in developing team strengths.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Commercial and/or Residential design and construction.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD & REVIT; be comfortable in SketchUp, as well as multiple Adobe Creative Suite programs (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Have experience developing Construction Documents.
- Confidence and experience in communicating with key stakeholders: owners, consultants, user groups, etc.
- Have flexibility for occasional project travel, local and long distance.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines is key.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and communication skills required.
We are looking for a team player that is eager to leverage wide ranging knowledge and experience, tailored to each project's needs. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the process and components required to deliver innovative, yet realistic developed design solutions that satisfy each Client's stated functional; visual; and financial goals. They should take initiative, communicate effectively working within a team and demonstrate successful problem-solving skills.
SALARYBased on experience
CONTACT TO APPLY