Interior Architect Associate - Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture / Chicago, IL United States / Website
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture (HPA) is an award-winning architecture, planning and interior design firm that practices nationally from our Fulton Market studio. Named 2018 Firm of the Year by AIA Chicago, HPA delivers multi-use commercial, multi-family residential and hospitality projects that share a common sensibility toward placemaking.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have a job opportunity for an Interior Architect Associate who will be responsible for supporting the development of interior design concepts, technical drawings and specifications, while working in collaboration with the Interiors Partner, Project Managers, and project team.
* Works with Architectural and Interior Design teams to develop the interior design direction, interpreting programming requirements into schematic design concepts
* Researches and evaluates FF&E, material and product options, consulting with manufacturers and vendors
* Assists with space planning and specifying furniture, lighting, materials, millwork and finishes
* Develops graphics and finish material-boards for inclusion in design proposals and presentations
* Works within project schedules to prioritize tasks and coordinate the completion of documentation required from concept design through construction
* Prepares, coordinates, and details construction document sets
* Reviews shop drawings and material submittals, and conducts on-site observations
* Implements, processes and tracks purchases and custom orders to assure on-time delivery
* Collaborates and communicates effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary team members, including clients, architects, contractors, consultants, vendors and suppliers
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Interior Architecture program
* Min 2 years full time in a professional office setting, preferably 3 years experience.
* Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign
* Thorough understanding of the technical process for large-scale interiors projects, including construction document assembly, interior design practices and standards, and FF&E specification
* Ability to work together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit while working individually on given tasks
* Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes. Requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations
* Ability to adapt to workplace variety, and a willingness to assume responsibilities and challenges
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
For consideration, please submit a sample portfolio with your resume to the following e-mail: careers@HPArchitecture.com.
Commensurate with Experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email