Firm BIM Leader
CannonDesign / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, industry experts and builders driven by a singular goal — to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges. We’ve done this for more than a century — helping organizations around the world achieve performance goals, drive innovation, strengthen their identities and profoundly impact the human experience. In 2017, Fast Company named CannonDesign one of the 10 most innovative architecture firms in the world.
Design, Architecture, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Education Consulting, Facility Optimization, Innovation Strategy, Interiors, Commissioning, Planning, Sustainability, Workplace Strategy, Branding, and Innovation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for firm wide strategy relative to digital project delivery supporting all projects, offices and disciplines.
- Manage overall performance of BIM Team.
- Engage with clients, as appropriate, to develop effective and efficient workflows in the realm of BIM processes and technology ecosystems.
- Assist in Technology in Practice business planning and associated budget recommendations.
- Work effectively with internal groups, as appropriate (including Marketing and Legal) to develop appropriate documentation, contracting documents, content and other information as required.
- Maintain active and positive relationship with vendors, consultants and advisors.
- Represent the firm at design technology conferences, functions and client workshops.
- Design a mechanism to continuously raise the bar in inclusion and utilization of metadata.
- Lead the BIM team on the adoption and implementation of the 'I' in BIM to leverage data collection and query for purposes of design intelligence, optimization, automation, simulation and downstream exploration for artificial intelligence.
- Oversee the implementation of standard processes and workflows.
- Design educational offerings ranging from essentials to advanced use of Revit at CannonDesign.
- Advise project team stakeholders and extended team as appropriate through BIM Project Execution Planning at project kickoff.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering and/or Interior Design. Minimum of 5 years experience as a BIM Manager or Director with a working knowledge of all aspects of professional services from planning and schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise. Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, training design and delivery experience. Strong technical knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Navisworks and other Design Applications. Knowledge of the Revit API is preferred.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
CONTACT TO APPLY