Facilities Planning Coordinator
zpd+a, LLC / Chicago, Illinois USA
ABOUT THE COMPANYzpd+a is an established, Chicago-based, full-service architectural and design firm. We offer architecture, planning, space planning, interior design and corporate branding services for both new construction and adaptive re-use projects. Since our founding in 1982, zpd+a has continued to grow our practice by offering a comprehensive array of services that can be tailored to meet our Client's needs.
On occasion, our services will included offering our Clients an on-going set of Facilities Planning and Design services; acting as a seamless extension of their corporate planning and design staff. Such is the case with this position.
ABOUT THE JOBCandidate will be based on-site at the Client's corporate offices, located in the heart of Chicago's downtown Loop neighborhood. Primary duties will include coordinating and/or overseeing internal programming, planning, design and construction/move coordination projects at the Client's Chicago facility. On occasion duties may be expanded to include assisting in planning an design efforts at other facilities located in Texas, Oklahoma, Montana and New Mexico. Candidate would be working as part of an established corporate Facilities Planning, Design and Management staff.
Responsibilities would include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Assist in overseeing internal move coordination duties as required.
- Communicate between Client and zpd+a firm principal-in-charge; in-house construction trades and furniture vendors.
- Work directly with the Client and zpd+a firm principals to establish and develop planning & design concepts.
- Provide Facilities Programming & Planning support services as needed within any other Client properties.
- Develop drawings and related project documentation from Schematic Design through Design Development.
NOTE: Initial consulting assignment will run through 12.31.2020; assignment may eventually evolve into a long-term, full-time position. Salary range: negotiable, based on candidate's level of applicable experience.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interior Design or Architecture, Facilities Management training is a plus.
- 3-5 years of Facilities Planning experience; having worked within a commercial office environment.
- Have strong skills in AutoCAD, ability to prepare quick, manually sketched-to-scale, conceptual floor plans; be proficient in Microsoft Word; Excel; PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
The ideal candidate will also possess a keen awareness regarding the components required to deliver innovative, yet realistic developed design solutions that satisfy our Client's stated functional, visual and financial goals. Candidate should be a "self-starter": take initiative; possess strong written and verbal communication skills; and enjoy working within a group or one-on-one environment, and demonstrate successful problem-solving skills.
Having some familiarity with minor interior construction, systems furniture and systems installation is a plus.
CONTACT TO APPLY