Director of Operations, Design Studio One25
NEWGROUND / Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Located in our design studio in downtown Chicago, the Director of Operations, Studio One25 will lead NewGround’s environmental design and implementation team. The Manager will lead this newly formed division of the company and will be responsible for the creation of the growth and execution strategy which will position the Studio One25 as the environmental experts within the financial services industry.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Demonstrated operational expertise managing design and installation of environmental solutions
- Demonstrates strong personal character that supports NewGround’s Core values of being innovative, creative, collaborative, team oriented and responsive
- Has experience in strategy development, design and project management of both retail and corporate workplace environmental solutions
- Understands how to create an integrated, multi-sensory environmental solutions
- Has experience creating a national vendor network of survey and installation resources
- Experience in developing and delivering national rollout environmental transformations
- Possess strong environmental design experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience integrating and project managing all disciplines of an environmental project
- Knowledge of building materials, specification and construction techniques
- Ability to coordinate multiple project across North America
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Assumes the primary responsibility for the management of the Studio operations to include strategy, design, project management and procurement team members.
- Oversee strategy and concepts development from the initial phase of design through implementation; manage the preparation of environmental and graphic solutions including graphic design, digital retail media, custom millwork and fixtures
- Become the company’s primary voice for environmental design and implementation
- Support business development in the development of proposals, capabilities and environmental design and rollout presentations
- Work with other NewGround team members to produce quality design within the parameters set forth by the client’s goals and budget
- Provide direction and leadership to all direct reporting staff members
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in Architecture or Interior Design
- 5-10 years of professional experience is required
- Additional experience including leading Environmental and Retail Design and or Delivery teams is preferred
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that almost 30 of our 135 employees have been with NewGround for 10 - 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
- NewGround Reviews on Glassdoor https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/NewGround-Reviews-E313291.htm
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
CONTACT TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com .
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com .
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto